Job Interviews – Questions to Ask
By Shelby Pierce
A good job interview should feel like a conversation. Asking the right questions can open dialog, create rapport, and help you determine if the organization is somewhere you want to work.
And yet so many of us struggle during an interview when asked, “Do you have any questions for me?” Here are some general questions to help keep the conversation going:
- What are your expectations for me in this role?
- What do you feel are the most important skills I need to be successful in this position?
- Do you expect my responsibilities in this position to change in the next year?
- Can you tell me a little about the team I’ll be working with?
- How long have you been at the company?
- What is your favorite part about working here?
- How would you describe the company’s values?
Don’t waste this opportunity! You want to determine if this job is a good fit for you — but you also want to show you’re the best candidate. Perceptive, insightful questions can do some heavy lifting toward that goal. Jot them down and peek at them before the interview so they’re top of mind.
Audigy helps its member practices becomes employers of choice — head here to learn more!