Land Your Dream Job With These Interview Tips & Common Interview Questions
Let’s face it: your students don’t just want a job, they want the job — and landing that dream job will likely involve a competitive interview process. What techniques best help students and young professionals to hit a home run during any interview? Here are some interview tips and interview questions to consider when designing instructional opportunities to help students interview like pros.
Make sure your student stands out by offering opportunities for:
- Advance preparation that reflects a good understanding of the job, company, and interviewer
- Formulation and practice of responses to common interview questions
- Preparation not only for answering effectively but also for asking questions of the interviewers
Examples of common but challenging interview questions for students to consider include:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your greatest clinical strengths? Weaknesses?
- What can you tell me about our company? Our profession?
- What sets you apart from other applicants?
- What are your goals for the next five years?
Examples of interview questions students might consider asking the interviewer include:
- What’s the greatest challenge inherent in this position?
- How would you define success for this position?
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- What are you most proud of about your team or organization?
- What can you tell me about plans for growth in this employment setting?
Audigy University provides several resources to help you better prepare your students to shine during their professional interviews, including:
- Student-focused events that provide discussion of effective interview techniques, as well as opportunities to practice those skills and receive appropriate feedback from our subject-matter experts to improve outcomes
- Live webinars offering specific, research-based strategies for interview preparation, execution, and follow-up that will help your students stand out as premier candidates
- Opportunities for mock interviews with Audigy University’s subject-matter experts to gain interview experience and enhance your students’ confidence in their interview skills
Want to know more about interviewing resources at Audigy University? Contact us at email@example.com.