Professional Development Manager
Why work for Audigy?
Everyone who works at Audigy has a direct impact on the company and the people we work with. Our mission is to help our clients and their employees achieve their personal, professional, and financial goals through their business. Our passion is helping others realize their potential and our success is achieved by helping others achieve a higher level of success.
This position is equal parts:
The thought of facilitating the development of growth, learning and improving performance and culture as a friend and confidant excites and inspires you.
You love being on the front lines, teaching people how to succeed with the latest tools and techniques, building their confidence and skills, and supporting them at every single stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Cultural Development:
You know the importance of culture and employee engagement and are passionate about creating an environment in which everyone can achieve their goals by working together within a framework of shared values.
As a Professional Development Manager, you will:
- Engage and motivate adult learners with different learning styles.
- Work with business leaders to better engage with their employees
- Be a foundational architect in helping the business in creating a healthy, respectful, professional and enjoyable work culture.
- Develop relationships with clients and their employees.
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of training activities.
- Collaborate with teammates to build professional development plans.
- Lead new training programs
But wait that’s not all:
- Evaluate performance and coach to improve remotely and face-to-face.
- Influence training methodologies and best practices.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in facilitation, coaching, training and employee development.
- Leading adult training techniques.
- HR experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse Member, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, presentations, written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, Adobe, WebEx and LMS preferred.
- Must deal with internal and external stakeholders in a caring and respectful manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong emphasis on presentation skills.
- Travel is required.
In addition to mastery of the requisite technical skills, we hire based on our core values:
- Transparency: We believe in transparency so we can find what works and share this success with everyone.
- Teamwork: At Audigy, you’re an integral part of many teams, all who rely on your expertise, knowledge, and commitment.
- Leadership thru Influence: Titles don’t matter here, influence does. We could remove all titles and nothing would change.
- Innovative Thinking: We love finding a new or better way to achieve success. All we ask is when you do, you share it with your team.
- Integrity and Respect: We don’t believe in hiring the super talented jerk.
- Entrepreneurship: We are founded by entrepreneurs, we work with entrepreneurs, and we want to develop entrepreneurs. In fact, every employee on their first day receives three books to help them find success at Audigy, but to also prepare them for future opportunities.
- Member focus: Our clients come first.
- Personal Growth: There are three things standing between you and the achievement of your goals. The belief of what’s possible, the effectiveness to achieve the necessary level of success, and the leadership to inspire and develop others. We’re committed to helping you grow in all three areas.
Our employees embody the values that Audigy has earned a reputation for and that is hard work, curiosity, dedication to our vision, passion for best in class deliverables and an atmosphere that encourages creativity and collaboration. Want to join our team?