Help Desk Analyst
Everyone who works at Audigy has a direct impact on the company. The list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time to tackle them, and the community culture fosters continuous improvement.
Are you looking for a job, or a career? Do you want to be a part of a growing, dynamic IT services team?
Audigy’s IT Services department is a fast-growing technology services group specializing in providing managed IT services and consulting. We provide network infrastructure management, desktop support, managed security services, cloud hosting, hardware integration, and IT consulting services to business clients all over the US and Canada. Our 60+ customer’s look to us to keep their business running reliably and securely, and we’re looking for you.
The Help Desk Analyst position performs an array of IT related duties including providing software and hardware support, remote troubleshooting, and maintenance activities in networked PC environments.
We’re looking for you to be our next Help Desk Analyst so for Pete’s sake apply today!!
Perform an array of IT related duties including providing software and hardware support, troubleshooting, and maintenance activities in a networked PC environment.
- Provides software support and technical assistance to Audigy & subsidiary customers.
- Responds to user requests for service and determines nature and extent of support needed.
- Provides direct support or facilitates solutions with appropriate staff member.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of software and hardware.
- Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
- Installs networked application software, granting access to users, creating user groups, managing shared resources, and configuring appropriate security levels.
- Responds to problems via web site, email, in person and over the phone.
- Develops job aids for reoccurring tasks performed in software applications that would be beneficial to end users.
- Sets up batch files or procedures to facilitate automated software installation. Investigates error messages and determines resolutions.
- Calls software vendors or accesses on-line technical support to obtain software updates and hardware replacement parts.
- Trains users as needed in basic and advanced use of software programs and hardware.
- Conduct group training as requested to increase end user knowledge and facilitate better use of IT resources.
- Investigates appropriate areas of potential problems and determines resolutions proactively.
- Advises Director in setting and updating standards for computer software and hardware.
- Maintains up-to-date expertise in the operation and application of company standard computer software and hardware.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related discipline is preferred plus three years relevant experience; or the combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users.
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Requires hands on experience with office equipment, including PCs, servers, firewalls, fax machines, copiers, and telephones.
- Knowledge of how to assemble and disassemble PC and server components, including cabling.
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Windows 7/10, and multiple versions of Microsoft Office most helpful.
- Holding a currently valid A+, Network+, or Security+. (No points for expired or outdated certifications)
- Has at least two years working in a customer service-oriented role.
- An expert with Microsoft products like Windows 10 Pro and Office 365.
- Someone who knows what Active Directory is and can do a few basics like resetting a password, setting up a new user, or assigning security groups.
- Has a good understanding network troubleshooting and concepts/technology such as SSL, VPN, DNS, Wi-Fi, firewalls, routers, subnetting, and Windows network shares.
- Has experience supporting remote customers in a small to medium-sized business environment.
- Has worked for a managed IT service provider before.
- Has a working understanding of HIPAA or has worked in the healthcare industry.
- Understands the basics of virtualization technology such as Hyper-V.
- Is proficient with the Windows CLI or PowerShell.
- Has experience in process improvement, project coordination, or business administration.
- Has strong documentation skills and can write accurate but concise technical documentation.
- Experienced in gathering technical requirements and recommending appropriate technical solutions.
- Has a great sense of humor.
Our employees embody the values that Audigy has earned a reputation for and that is hard work, curiosity, dedication to our vision, passion for best in class deliverable s and an atmosphere that encourages creativity and collaboration.