Audiologist – Kerrville, TX
Website Hill Country Hearing
The Audiologist is responsible for administering diagnostic audiological tests that allow the differentiation between types of hearing disorders. The Audiologist will provide hearing aid testing, selection and fitting to all populations. The Audiologist counsels patients regarding test results and reviews options which best meet their hearing care needs. Performs hearing aid testing, selection, and fitting to all populations. Reviews pricing and sale of hearing aids as a part of the patient education process.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Provides amplification services including, hearing aid assessment testing, real ear measurements and live speech mapping.
- Coordinates and interprets test results.
- Consults with and makes recommendation on hearing disorders to physicians.
- Based on test results, diagnosis audio vestibular disorders.
- Coordinates care with physicians and other providers.
- Completes chart notes for each patient seen and sends written report to referring physician and primary care physician
Manages Hearing Rehabilitation
- Counsels patients regarding test results.
- Makes recommendation regarding hearing care options.
- Reviews products available to improve hearing impairment.
- Sells appropriate hearing care products and warranties as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the patient.
- Provides hearing aid dispensing, including selection, fitting, ear-mold acoustics, ongoing management with follow-up, and education.
- Demonstrates and sells Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s), batteries, and other special products.
- Performs hearing aid repairs.
- Performs hearing aid checks and cleaning.
- Aware of marketing activities.
- Responsible for revenue and margin outcomes.
- Maintains positive relationships with various vendors.
- Assists customers with exchanges or returns as needed.
- Involved in clinical quality outcomes, including efficiency and productivity.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains good public relations.
- Oversees management of all office procedures.
- Shares administrative duties with colleagues as needed.
- Performs all other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Practices good safety and infection control protocols.
- Exercises confidentiality as it relates to business information.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- AuD & current OR state licensure for Audiology and Dispensing.
- At least 1 year experience with Au.D.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem solving skills.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties within strict deadlines.
- Requires the ability to deal with numerous interruptions.
- Must deal with customers in a caring and respectful manner.
- Must be detailed oriented.